Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Tuesday Night League Championships!

Wednesday! Woot! -- alright so actually I want to start with news from yesterday...

Tuesday was kind of a crap day at uni. I finally got the group presentation done which was a relief and we actually ended up doing alright. We missed a few things but otherwise our professors feedback was pretty good. WHEW! The rest of the day at Uni was not amusing. Philosophy lecture was pretty boring which was sad because the lecturer we had is usually pretty good with her lectures. The break in my day was great because I met up with some mates and had lunch and then my last class my Philo tut was not exciting. After a crap day at Uni I was sooooo excited for the evening! It was Tuesday night Frisbee League championship night!!!! YAY!!!!! Our Div 2 team played for 3rd place and won. It was crazy because two of our players got there late and we were freaking out! But things went fine, and the game was good. We had awards after which was really neat. My mates Dave and Allie won MVP for Div 2 (they weren't on my team though) they're both awesome and they both just started playing this year! Again, they are awesome!

Then we moved on to playing Div 1 games. Adelaide Uni (the team I play on and love dearly) was playing for first place against Flinders Uni. Sigh... it was a tough game. Flinders was ready for us and they have a pretty mean game, not to mention very tall and fast guys which helps them out a bit! Some of my mates who don't play div 1 stayed to watch the game and my friends Sunny, Bec and Nina from Aquinas came to cheer us on too! It was so nice to have them there. It was a tough game and I got angry easily especially when I dropped a pass or two, or didnt' make a good pass or two! Sigh... but all in all it was fun, and it was my last game with that team so it was heaps good and I'm going to miss playing with all of them! It was kind of sad but so much fun nevertheless. :-) They are great people and I'm going to miss them and miss playing frisbee with them!!! I could probably go on forever about this but I should stop... It's Wednesday morning and I have homework to do and class to go to later!

oh but i want to share this... I had an exciting start to my day... I first got an email from my mum saying that I had received $300 from a scholarship I applied for before leaving the states! YAY! more money to do stuff! and then I also received an email from Britta and Kim saying they were going to Oregon to see Krista and that they needed her number. So I called Britta and Kim, who were traveling through Wyoming I believe and got to talk to them!!! They already had received Krista's number from Marissa but hey...it was great talking to them!

cheers,

smuder

No comments: