Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Swans, too much work, too little money

Wednesday is already here and what do I have to show for it? An introduction written for my philosophy paper and a few sections of my labor studies paper written. UGH. The philosophy paper is due tomorrow afternoon. I probably could have done more work yesterday but instead I spent most of the afternoon with Ann Marie (another american) planning a trip to Cairns. The scariest thing is that this trip is going to cost me HEAPS! at least $700 AUD which I do not have! I shamefully wrote an email to dad asking for money :-P My parents are great, because they love me enough to give me money to keep traveling and living here in Australia.

On to happier topics... Monday night I forgot to write about, but it was heaps good. Sarah (Tiny) insisted that we get a group together again and head down to the Grace Emily. She also told American Dave that he was going to play at the open mic. She's very persuasive like that :-) So we got a group of like 10 of us to go down and watch Dave on his guitar. Open mic nights are great at the Grace Emily. There are always so many talented musicians that get on stage. We stayed until about 1 am watching people on the mic. Shannon, Amber and I walked home together while most of our group caught a ride with Sarah's friend Joel. I was in such a good mood all night -- just very goofy so I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Our walk home was very entertaining. We took a little detour and walked down by the Torrens (lake that is shaped like a river) and there we stopped to watch the Swans and their babies in the water. To say the least...it was precious and "So Good" :-) Most of us spent the rest of the night up late in Shannon's room chatting again til about 5am.

Yesterday as I said was a pretty crap day... it was a beautiful day outside but I just didn't get anything done! I did however go back to the spot where we had seen the swans the night before and found them there again. The best was when this older man came by all the birds kind of flocked to him. He had bread crumbs for them and it was as if they knew him by sight. It was neat! I intended to do work after tea but I fell asleep twice! After taking a walk and having a chat in Shannon's room and then the dining hall a couple of my neighbors joined me Bec and SHannon in a chat. I finally kicked out the remaining two Bec and Brad(my next door neighbor--we call him Cagney or Cags usually) at about 2:30-3:00. Now to start off Wednesday... it took me an hour to wake up this morning. But I am determined to get things done. I also have wash to do! ugh! Have the philosophy essay due tomorrow and then labor studies due friday. I have weekend plans for Saturday but hopefully I will still get my politics essay done on time for Tuesday. Ugh!

No comments: