Saturday, June 18, 2005

One Last Trip

It is already 1am here on what is now Sunday morning and I'm getting on a plane one more time to go to Cairns. This is my last trip, my last travel in Australia. I have barely any money left so I can only afford one more trip. I am pretty bummed I never made it to the outback which sucks, but it gives me reason to come out here again some day! Yeah the whole outback part is kind of a let down. :-(

Anyway I am fulfilling Lauren Soderstrom's command of needing to see the Great Barrier Reef because I am in Australia! Cairns will only be a three day trip so nothing too long, but Ann Marie and I will be able to fit in a trip to the Reef. That is pretty much the reason for our trip. I am getting bummed that there are places that I have not been to and have not seen. There is just too much to do and see here! And I only have so much more time and only so much left for funds. But it is definitely not a complete loss. I will be so happy to come back to Adelaide after my trip and be able to spend time with the wonderful friends that I have made. Oh and possibly study for an exam in there too ;-).

Many of my American friends will be leaving on the 26th so when I get back I plan to spend as much time with them as possible and with the Aussies that Iwill not be seeing after I leave. I think about this stuff everyday and it's getting harder and harder to deal with. These are great friends I have made and I don't know how I can leave them, but I know that I have great people waiting back home for me. No worries, I have many many plans already for the people here. We have already agreed to call and write (even when drunk. i mean... ok yes I did mean that). We already have visits planned for the Aussies to come to the U.S. and us to go back. We have plans to meet up somewhere in the U.S. for different celebrations or just for the heck of it (us Americans). We have all these plans but I still worry. We have talked about emails, and messengers and phone numbers...I hope that none of these get lost. We have plans and I definitely plan to keep them and see them through.

Well maybe I'll catch some sleep before I head off in the morning. Only a few hours left. Still have to get up early to call a taxi to get us to the airport. oh joy! I'm very excited for this trip. I can't wait! I'm looking forward to some warmer climates up north too! :-) I probably won't write until I get back.
cheers!

em

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey mate I didn't get to see ya before you went... =(

Stupid night shift. Slept all day.

Hope you have fun on that trip of yours mate! Never been there myself, but I hear it's a total blast. Want to see lots of pictures and hear lots of interesting stories when you get back!

OR ELSE!!!

That will be all :)

Luff Mel

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your trip!! (Even though you've already left)

Melissa said...

Party on Wayne!