Saturday, July 02, 2005

saying goodbye

so...it's sunday early freaking morning... a few more hours and we will be headed to the airport to say goodbye! It hasn't hit me yet, I haven't had any very emotional goodbyes yet although I'm pretty sure I will break down soon enough.

This is so weird. I don't want to do this. These people have been my friends, they have been my life for the past five months! Adelaide has been my life. Uni Adelaide, the frisbee team, Aquinas College, lower "H", has been my life and now I have to leave that life. I'm sorry by how depressing this is but I need to get it out of my system. Luckily I am not bawling and crying all over the keyboard yet. I want to write little letters to everyone, but I think it may take me too long and I'll never get to say as much as I really want to.

It's dead silent here in Lower Hannan and I'm not quite sure who to go visit now... I'm using some alone time, which I don't want too much of, but i definitely feel the need to collect my thoughts about every five minutes. All my mates are scattered around the college grounds, either packing or helping in the packing process. Writing notes, and addresses down, reminding ourselves that we can keep our friendships alive half way across the world.

these goodbyes are not going to be the easiest things I've ever done...wish me luck!
I'll be home soon!

em

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're goodbyes go well!

I love you, you know...