Sunday, July 17, 2005

missing the other side of the world like MAD!

the weekend was great. If you read this you probably already know how great friday was so I don't need to touch on that again.

What else did i do this weekend? Spent saturday sitting at Caribou with D having a chat and also doing some reading in my book 'God's Politics' (so good. some great reading) I went over to Leah's Saturday night and it was wonderful. It was great to feel so loved by Leah and all her questions about Australia which were mainly focused on a certain Australian she wanted to know about ;-) We were girls and watched Love Actually and just hung out. Had some daquiris, ate popcorn and then some ice cream out of the carton! ;-) with hot fudge of course! We ended up watching Chocolat after the ice cream and then fell asleep. Her mom was ever so cute and made up a yummy breakfast this morning! we had bowls of fruit, so yummy and then biscuits and gravy! Mmmmm my favorite! ;-) Ok so I LOVE all breakfast food.

Today I spent at home after getting back from Leah's and we had a bbq! Threw some snags on the barbie and had some mates over for a good time! It was a bit depressing going through Australia pictures over and over again telling people how much fun I had there. It's hard. People are more interested it seems in the places I went, but really the people I met are what mattered more to me. I so badly want to share every story possible i can with people back here about what we did over in Australia. Everyone cracked heaps of jokes at me about drinking today, which though are very funny, i got a little sick of. Sucks to not be legal. less than a month! -- Anyway I think I was most happy that I got to see Ruthie and Nate! Gave Ruthie her wedding gift (Tim Tams!) and also seeing Justin was wonderful. have missed the crazy kid like mad! Once people left I just stayed home and have been watching movies that haven't really kept my attention. Am thinking about going to bed a bit earlier than usual. It would be good for me.

So i miss the other side of the world like MAD and long to hear an Australian voice on the phone! I know it's afternoon over there now and I so badly just want to call Mel or Shannon's room to see if they are there cuz i know they're around for break. sigh... I think sleep wins over my craziness. I long to hear Amber's jersey accent over the phone too! I miss my life from the past five months. Like Amber said... we did not have long enough! we needed more time. I could have definitely used heaps more time! Heaps...for so many things! (BIG SIGH)

i'm out--
em

1 comment:

Melissa said...

YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED!

I was so bored during the holidays! *sniff*

Oh well... I'll be around still. Give us a call if you're ever able to!