Wednesday, October 04, 2006

life lately, books, baseball and the color pink

life lately. hmmmm let's see.
work has been good and with the possibility of another job things are looking up.
I finally found some Cat Empire tickets for cheap. Why they were so expensive on one site and not another I have no idea. Things are looking up. As long as I don't have to work that night.

I'm reliving my childhood a little bit by reading The Princess Bride by William Goldman. It's so much better the second or third time around when I'm actually paying attention to it unlike when I was younger. Truly one of my most favorite books/movies/stories.

I've realized that I have quite a hate for The Yankees and for pink. The Yankees are just... meh. I'm not a fan. They ruin baseball. The Twins. Oh i love them. Too bad they have lost their first two games in the playoffs. I'm now too nervous to watch the games! or even listen. I am sad. I wish they were doing better. they are soo good and so fun!

Oh and the Pink thing. Ummm. I am not a fan in the first place I am really not a fan when it comes to pink hats for baseball. I can't stand those girls at Twins games that wear pink Twins apparel. :-P Bleh. The twins colors are blue, red and white! I have a thing against girly girls at baseball in the first place. Those girls who are decked out at a ballpark is just beyond me

Back to work... it's getting better and better. I love that I know my co-workers better and that we have things to talk about. I still feel like i'm an awkward person though. But I find myself checking the schedule all the time to see who will be working so I know whether I'll have someone to talk to or not.

I'm really looking forward to Halloween this year. I get to play frisbee again with a team at the Halloween tourney in Winona, MN. YAY! and Rob is having a party the night before I go down to the frisbee tourney. I'm excited to see what we dress as for the tournament. I already know what I will be for the party at Rob's. Last saturday we got to talking about costumes. A few of us have gotten on a Kevin Smith kick. Rob and Derek will be Jay and Silent Bob. So Nat and I decided to go for characters from Dogma. The Buddy Christ (me) and God a la Alanis Morisette (nat). This should be fun :-)

Can't think of much else. Will see what I get up to during the next two days that I have off. I plan for a lot of relaxing. :-)

No comments: