Saturday, September 02, 2006

milk or beer?

my dad posed a very real and very serious question/scenario last night at the dinner table.

now I'm sure I know what you all may be thinking... that the question would be about what am I going to do with my life or something... but let's be serious... my dad isn't that serious. He's happy I have a job and he supports me in my search for a job that will pay me crap because I want to help people and which will barely help me pay off my college loans. :-)

knowing my love for both milk and beer, the question/scenario my dad posed last night was this:

if you had milk and beer sitting on the table and both were about to fall off the table, which would you save?!

oh goodness I thought. Well i had to think about it... i came up with this: I would save the beer because it was in a glass bottle, while the milk is in a plastic carton. Thus there would be less mess and then both would be safe and in good condition. I thought I had it.

Well then Dad proceeds to bring up what if you had a glass of beer and a glass of milk...then which would you save?! OMG I didn't know what to say... I love both Milk and Beer. I mean... I've been drinking Milk longer, so was I to go with my long time friend that keeps me healthly and builds strong bones...or do I go with my new found friend of only a few years that has such a distinct taste and if larger amounts are drunk i feel as though I can do anything?
Let's be a little serious here...we could have gotten into it even deeper. If it were Skim Milk and a Cooper's Pale Ale I would be at complete odds...well almost. I don't know if I ever decided while at the dinner table. So I brought it up to my friends last night as we were out at this new pub in Downtown Minneapolis...

The ever-so-wise Rob made a good point. "You'd save the beer. Milk costs less..." He might have said something else but I was probably into my fourth Captain and Coke and the money point that he made was probably the one that hit my ears with a ding because I have no money (very little in fact that I don't think I even paid for any of my drinks last night. Yay for new bars that give away heaps of free drink passes! score!)
So yeah... save the beer... it costs more! Especially the Coopers. I mean damn.. I finally found it in Minneapolis and I am not letting that go. Plus I work in a freaking supermarket, where I get a discount so I could buy 'mucho leche' for a very good price. Good beer is not cheap. Now see if it was shitty beer like bud light or some shit like that I'd let the beer go and save the milk. That's quite simple...and that's a whole 'nother story ... if the beer cost less than milk I'd definitel save the milk. :-)

Yep. That's what I've been thinking about. I'm going to now go enjoy my saturday which has started well. No hangover from a beer, five captain and cokes, plus a shot. I got up at a decent enough time to watch Phil of the Future and The Batman. And now will relax with Animaniacs and then get my hair cut since I haven't cut it in ages. w00t! yeah for having saturday off from work! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SMOOT. I CAN'T BELEIVE I CAN TYPE YOUR NAME INTO YAHOO AND ACTUALLY FIND YOU! THIS IS TRACY. IT HAS BEEN A LONG ASS TIME. WHEN YOU SAY YOU ARE LIVING AT HOME- IS THAT THE HOME I KNOW WHERE IT IS? IF SO, I LIVE VERY NEAR YOU. IT WOULD BE AWESOME TO SEE YOU SOMETIME. OH AND BY THE WAY- I DON'T CARE WHAT KIND OF BEER OR WHAT KIND OF MILK - ALWAYS SAVE THE BEER
TRACY

Anonymous said...

Milk is good for healthy bones.