Friday, August 25, 2006

salads and slicers

Yesterday was day two at work and things went fine. I actually used the meat and cheese slicer. One of the meat slicers acutally broke while I was trying to use it.:-P It's hard to get exactly a pound, or half a pound... i reckon this will take practice.oh well. The guy who is in charge of the deli was there during my shift, he's also the guy who hired me, and it made me nervous... i didn't want to screw up horribly. I feel like he is the guy you aspire to be behind the deli. He knows everything about the food, how everything works and he's really friendly. I doubt I'll ever get to that point but it's nice to know that he likes his job and takes it seriously.

Big storms came through Minnesota yesterday. THere was HUGE hail in different parts of the state and even tornadoes! None of th at hit the cities though which i'm thankful for, but i can only imagine the storm damage. Well I actually got a bit of a description of it while I was at work. It was getting down to the last hour or so and this man who works for Home Depot is one of the guys that goes out to asses storm damage. YIKES! He just kept talking and talking about what the weather had been like and what he could look forward to for the next month... i guess he'll be pretty damn busy. He was a nice fellow and although I couldn't hear half of what he said, i just smiled and nodded and tried to serve him his food without dropping it. There are many interesting characters that come into the store. I have enjoyed the few that have stopped to talk so far.

Well hopefully soon something more interesting will happen in my life other than scooping up salads and slicing meat. But let's face it the most interesting part of my summer is gone. Amber came and went and so did Shannon. I have no one to entertain or be entertained by constantly while at home.

the only other thing that I can think of that's been on my mind every once in awhile is the idea of a movie critc. I want to know how they got the job to criticise movies and peoples' work when they may have never even been in a movie, or been involved in making a film... I dunno... How did they get that job?!
yeah that's all. I'm going to go watch The View now.

No comments: